Here are the names of the eight contenders for Best Picture for the 91st Academy Awards, in alphabetical order. See what you can remember about them before the awards, which will be on February 24, 2019.
1. Which two movies were nominated for 10 different Oscars?
2. Which six movies were based on true stories?
3. Which movie is the highest grossing picture nominee, after Avatar and Titanic?
4. Which movie is a 4-time remake?
5. Which is the first superhero movie ever nominated for Best Picture?
6. Which movie had a scriptwriter that was the son of the film’s protagonist?
7. Which movie featured a dog named Charlie, that belonged to the star in real life?
8. Which movie has a star that debuted his acting career in The Godfather?
9. Which four movies are biographical?
10. In which movie was the director fired just two weeks before production on the film was finished?
11. Which movie is basically about power struggles between women?
12. Which film causes the most viewers to leave the theater crying?
13. Which movie was directed by a Greek?
14. In which movie did the director withhold the script from the actors?
15. In which movie did the star have to wear false teeth for a full year before filming began?
16. In which movie did the male actors wear more female make-up than the female actors?
17. Which movie was shot in black and white?
18. In which movie did Willie Nelson’s son Lukas Nelson both help with all the music and also act in the film?
19. Which movie required the director to do the most research and read the most books to prepare for filming?
20. Which movie was co-produced by Brad Pitt?
Taking English classes with Betsy is a great pleasure.
She enriches her classes with her wonderful life story, which she happily shares with her students.
Classes are carefully and diligently prepared by Betsy according to the individual needs of each of her students, and always accompany reading material on fresh, new subjects.
She is a very enthusiastic and up-beat teacher, who imparts knowledge to her students through engaging and interesting discussions.
All in all, taking classes with Betsy is a very pleasant, enriching and memorable experience.
I have known Betsy for a long time, and in all these years I have learned so much from her… not just English, but from her vast experience as a teacher and as a person. Being an excellent teacher is not just about knowing your subject perfectly (which is of course the case since English is her first language) but also about loving to learn and to relate to people from all kinds of backgrounds and ages. I had as much fun in her classes as a nerdy Star Wars / Elvis teen fan as I do now as busy working grown up!
Aprender inglês com Betsy é um privilégio! Com aulas dinâmicas, inteligentes, divertidas, sempre tratando de assuntos atuais, consegue ensinar e cativar! Tenho aulas com ela há muitos anos! Não pretendo parar, pois além de aprender a língua, Betsy coloca assuntos muito interessantes em pauta. Nestes muitos anos, nunca repetiu uma só aula! Grande professora!
Betsy and I worked together as teachers in an English School many years ago. The need of keeping my English fluent and updated inspired me to have classes with her, so, 3 other teachers and I formed a group for these classes. Betsy’s classes were always fun, full of new, challenging and interesting vocabulary, focusing on what was happening in the world and many times, with suggestions for our own classes. I still keep the material she prepared for us at that time and, surprisingly they are still fitted for my students. The environment where she teaches is so cozy that we believed we were abroad; this also contributed to the charm of the classes. Apart from that, Betsy and I have developed a strong friendship that has been kept alive up to now. I still turn to her whenever I need something and she never lets me down.