1. Do you have one friend that you particularly admire? Which phrasal verb from the list above would you use to say that you think highly of this person?
2. Which one of your friends is especially gifted at putting you into a good mood when you are feeling sad or bored? Which phrasal verb would you use for putting someone into a happier emotional state?
3. Do you have a friend who gets hurt if you don’t telephone often? Which phrasal verb means to get slightly hurt or upset?
4. Do you have a friend who helps you to stay committed to a promise? Find a phrasal verb that means to keep to a promise or goal.
5. Can you say that you have a special friend who would actually pardon you for anything? What is the phrasal verb from the list that means to stop feeling angry or resentful toward or to accept an apology for something?
6. Can you honestly say that none of your friends has to tolerate a lot of complaining from you? What is the phrasal verb that means to tolerate something boring or undesirable?
7. If something is not going well in your life, which of your friends would be the first one to be concerned about you? What is the phrasal verb for to be troubled or distressed?
8. Decide which one of your friends is most likely to get on with your family or former classmates. What is the phrasal verb that means to be in harmony or in tune with?
9. Do you have a friend that, at first meeting, appeared to be a terrible snob? Which phrasal verb means to have an air of being or give the impression as?
10. Do you have a friend who is a very private person and you feel that he or she sometimes doesn’t reveal real problems or feelings? Which phrasal verb would you use to say this person is not telling you everything?
11. Do you have a childhood friend who you stay in touch with even though the two of you live a great distance from each other? What is another way to say maintain informed or keep in contact with?
12. Have you ever had a friend who wanted you to justify everyplace you went when you were not together? What is the phrasal verb that means to give an explanation for?
13. Do you have a friend who has such high social and etiquette standards that you sometimes feel it is hard to behave in a manner that will fulfill this person’s expectations? Which phrasal verb describes this dilemma?
14. Can you remember with which one of your friends you felt an immediate bond soon after meeting? Which phrasal verb can you use to describe this closeness?
15. Which one of your friends would be the most fun to attend a concert or a theatrical performance with? Which phrasal verb would you choose to describe an outing like either of these?
16. Do you have a friend who habitually arrives at gatherings or parties late? Which phrasal verb would you use to describe this person’s uncertain time to put in an appearance?
17. Which one of your friends can you call on in an urgent situation? Which would be the best phrasal verb to use to say that you could depend on this person if need be?
18. Which one of your friends relaxes and amuses you by just spending time together and doing nothing in particular? Which of the phrasal verbs simply means to spend time together in an unstructured way?
19. Which one of your friends always seems to be alert for new gossip? Which phrasal verb would you use to describe this person’s constant state of attentiveness and expectations?
20. Which one of your friends is the least likely to bear a grudge? Which phrasal verb can be used to mean not to let go of this negative feeling of being wronged or insulted?
Tattoos have been around for more than 5,000 years. Egyptians, for example, used tattoos to differentiate between peasants and slaves, a kind of social branding. But ink art, which is what some fans like to call tattooing, has really exploded in the past 25 years. But not all of us have succumbed to this fad. And many of us who don’t have a tattoo have a favorite mug. Having a tattoo or becoming attached to a mug are not dissimilar. According to research, 60% of Americans say they have an emotional attachment to a favorite mug. And about 40% said their special mug was irreplaceable, and about 1/3 of those said they would be devastated if it broke. Personally, I think that most of these people don’t have tattoos. Mugs and tattoos are both an extension of our personalities, and both express the way we would like the world to perceive us. That is not to mention, of course, that those of us who have tattoos or mugs are often irrationally attached to them.
Blackberries – Blueberries – Raspberries – Strawberries Nutritious food is nourishing and efficient as food in the sense that it gives you the sufficient amount of nutrients such as vitamins, carbohydrates and proteins that you need to survive. Healthy food is food that promotes good health, in other words, prevents illness and keeps you younger longer. I. All of the berries above are healthy and nutritious. However, according to nutritional content, total carbohydrates,…
I learned to bake with baking tins, so that’s what I call them, although today they are often made of glass, ceramic, silicone, aluminum, aluminized steel, carbon steel, non-stick anodized aluminum, cast aluminum, and iron. Many people call them baking pans. It doesn’t matter. The only thing that you need to keep in mind when you are buying new baking essentials is…